#69 - Dr. Emily Spaeth: Navigating Sex After Birth and Breastfeeding
In this intimate conversation, lactation consultant and pelvic health expert Dr. Emily Spaeth unpacks the pleasure and sensuality of breasts, especially after giving birth. Going beyond nourishment, she explores how breasts can be a source of enjoyment and personal reclamation postpartum.
We got candid about...
- Struggling with exhaustion, bodily pain, and messy emotions as new moms
- Overcoming shame & guilt to ask for support
- Getting creative about intimacy with your partner when baby is clinging!
- Learning your post-baby turn-ons and new erogenous zones
- Healing from difficult breastfeeding journeys
- Making decisions about breast implants or reductions in light of future feeding plans
1:47 Introducing Dr. Emily Speath
3:56 Dr. Emily's Genisis Journey
7:36 The Postpartum Sexual Journey
11:59 Why the Areola Pigmentation Changes
14:06 The Hormones of Breastfeeding
17:26 When is it Safe to Have Sex Again?
23:36 Postpartum Depression
30:51 When to Stop Breastfeeding
34:25 Overcoming Shame About Not Being Able to Breastfeed
44:43 Breast Feeding with Implants and Breast Reductions
51:44 Free or Low-Cost Support
53:56 Dr. Emily's Classes
56:45 The Dish with Leah & Dr. Willow
- Dr. Emily’s Website
- Dr. Emily’s Course | Sex After Birth - Get on the waiting list
- Dr. Emily’s Free Gift | A guide to tummy time in the first month of life!
- SxR Episode 1 with Sheri Winston
Leah & Willow's King & Queen of Hearts Intimacy Toolkit is on sale. Use Coupon Code KINGANDQUEEN10 for 10% off. https://www.sexreimagined.com/the-king-and-queen-of-hearts
Awaken Arousal Oil Lubricant "I had a 3-minute orgasm and then a 5-minute orgasm." - Beth